Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Reality isn't really real anymore

I'm past midterm exams. I've survived, and I feel good about my progress here at school. I'm doing well with all my classes, and am proud to tell my parents what kind of grades I'm earning.
And yet, there's something missing. College is supposed to be be that time when you meet those people that you'll spend the rest of your life with, right? Your TRUE best friends forever. The ones that you'll have inside jokes with for the next four years and on.
I have inside jokes right now with some great people here. But it's not the same. I feel like that after the end of this year, I won't talk to many of the people I do talk to now. I don't know what it is. I just don't know anyone.
And I get the feeling that I don't want to get to know anyone. Everytime I talk to someone they seem to have a very fake persona. We're all a little unsure still. Sure, we're more comfortable here, but there's still a bit of newness, a sense that we need everyone we meet to be our best friends.
I'm also tired of people who are searching for this idea of a perfect realness. I guess I'm guilty of it in a sense, but I don't know. It seems as though some people feel that this one idea that they hold is true reality, so they continuously search for it. In the end, they're stuck with a lot of fakeness. I often find that the search to have a meaningful life is so futile and superficial.
You just have to accept what is going on and not think about what you WANT to be reality.
And right now, the reality that I'm dealing with is loneliness. I feel alienated from the ones that I love. I don't mean family members. I mean MY family. I mean the people that I didn't want to leave. Those were the people with whom I could accept reality for the lack of glitz and glamour because we dealt with the shit we had to go through.

Maybe I'm a girl
Maybe I'm a lonely girl
Who's in the middle of something
That she doesn't really understand.

I just heard those lyrics and it makes sense. I'm kinda stuck here, not quite sure where I'm supposed to fit in, and not wanting force myself to fit in anywhere.

Hm, emo post much? Whatever. We're all entitled one in awhile