Monday, January 14, 2008

Oh god, I might have to be THAT kid...

So I'm broke. Broke broke. After paying close to $300 on books, I have less than $100 in my bank account. That's no good right? So I might have to be that person who calls up her parents to help her out financially. But, to be fair, my parents did offer to go half with me on my books. I declined at the time, telling them that I was going to try to get my books for cheaper online, but that hasn't happened. So maybe I'll have to call them and see if they're still willing to go half with me--it would be nice to have about $130 more in my account.
Also, I just went to apply for a job on campus today. I have to go to Steele Hall tomorrow to fill out the I-9 form before I can officially apply though. But if I get the job, I'd be earning $8.95/hr. At 8 hours per week, I'll be in much better shape than I am now. It'll be nice to see my account growing once again. Slowly, sure, but still growing, and at this point, that's all that matters right now. My goal is to have at the VERY LEAST $600 in my savings account and at least $150 in my checking account.
Man, I know this is a terribly boring entry, but sorry this is really boring. I AM the epitome of the poor college student.
It kind of sucks, but I also have to cash a $90 check.
I'm so used to having money. Ever since I've started to work, I haven't really had to ask my parents for money--with the exception of the month before states when my mom told me not to work. But that was her own damn fault haha.
This past summer especially, I was used to having the money. I was not only getting paid regularly, I was serving, so I was making really GOOD money and I had it in my pocket as soon as I left work. Sure, I was saving for college but at the same time I was able to go do things that I wanted to do, like go to the beach, go to Six Flags, and pay for exorbitantly high gas prices.

Oh, can I tell you right now that I'm already not looking forward to my math class, and I haven't even had a single class yet. UGH. I might as well make Blackboard my homepage because I know there will be a lot of announcements of new assignments-- already I've gotten several e-mails.

No comments: