Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A funny thing happened when I got an apartment

Weird things are happening now that I live in an apartment:

-I clean all the time now. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it from the appearance of everything. I take into consideration that I still have more of an affinity toward throwing things around than cleaning them, but that doesn't mean that I don't clean MORE now than I used to. I don't think my roommates are even aware that I've cleaned the toilet twice since we've been here, and yes, we have been here for less than 2 months. Do you even own a toilet bowl scrubber?

-I like to cook. What I cook may be bland. It may not be fancy. But it's good and I enjoy it. I'd rather defrost some chicken, throw some seasonings and grill it and melt cheese on it than cook up some macaroni and cheese. I feel more accomplished.

-Living with people in an apartment is completely different from having a roommate. We have more of a home now than I had last year. And what comes with that is that we each have our own ways of doing things that we've grown up with that we sort of clash. Like I say dirty dishes go into a tub with hot soapy water so that they don't just accumulate in the sink. Others say, have them accumulate then fill the entire sink with hot soapy water. I still can't seem to wrap my head around that one, but that's what I've always done, so my way seems strange to others.

-I hate not being able to control the temperature of this place, especially in my room. I do not understand why my room is always several (NOTICEABLE) degrees colder than the rest of the apartment. When I say noticeable, I'm not making things up. I have had several people vouch for me that my room is, in fact, the coldest. What I can't seem to understand is why that happens when I keep my room door open all day. You would assume that the heat would flow among all the rooms. I'm considering talking to the Ghostbusters about some possible spiritual happenings that may or may not be occurring in my bedroom and whether or not this has an effect on the frigid climate.

This is all for now.

No comments: